Craving for some sweets but don’t want to sacrifice your weekly treat? I’ve got a real goody for you today. This healthy and delicious lemon drizzle cake recipe will blow you way. I promise.
I’m either using dairy nor sugar or any other kind of unhealthy ingredients. Although if you want you can always replace things with others. You can of cause use milk or butter if you just like the taste. Just be aware that you’ll pay with some healthiness ;). Though a treat ever once in a while is never wrong, right?
So let’s do this.
Lemon Drizzle Cake is literally my most favorite cake in the world. It tastes delicious just the way it is, but in addition it is a great foundation for any other cake. You can easily top it with fruits or mix in some cocoa powder and you got a chocolate cake.
And the best is, it is super easy and doesn’t take long at all.
I hope you like it.
Prep: 10 minutes • Bake: 20-30 minutes • Total: 30-40 minutes • Difficulty: Easy • Servings: 1 Cake
- 200g flour (I used whole grain flour but oat flour works just fine too)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 100g grounded almonds
- 200ml almond milk
- 3 lemons, juice and zest
- 5 tbs. xylit
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- Icing sugar made from coconut sugar (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Turn the oven on 180°C.
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Now combine all wet ingredients.
- Put them together and mix until you get a smooth dough.
- Fill it in a cake form and bake for around 20-30 minutes. The top should be golden brown and the inside dry.
- If you like, you can make a frosting out of grounded coconut sugar and lemon juice.
Hope you all have a great week, enjoying delicious food and your amazing life.
I’d also love to see some pictures of your cake so I can get hungry.
Also if you liked this recipe and want to share it with someone, feel free to do so.
Otherwise, check out some of the other recipe posts I wrote or if you’re interested, I have a lot of information and advice on self-development and traveling as well.
Here are some handpicked posts you might like: