Have you ever made two different dishes, one savoury and one sweet with the same spice? No, you should definitely try. There are so many spices you can use for both sweet and salty meals. One of them is Cinnamon. Can’t imagine having a salty meal with Cinnamon?! Well, I’m going to show you two different dishes today, both spiced with Cinnamon. Trust me you’ll love those Cinnamon recipes.
Ready to get hungry?
Cinnamon is mostly known for its winterish, sweet and flavourful aroma. It is mainly used in cakes, cookies or oatmeal. However, there are certain parts of the world, where they already have discovered the deliciousness of this sweet but still a bit smoky and spicy trade, for their savoury dishes. Especially in African cuisine they often use it in sauces, couscous or as an add on to meat and vegetable dishes.
As though in your part of the world, we’re not used to have cinnamon in lunch or dinner recipes although it tastes so amazing, I want to share one way to change exactly that!
First though, let’s have look at this cold and refreshing breakfast bowl.
Cinnamon Bowl – Sweet Breakfast Ice Cream
Prep: 10 min • Total: 10 min • Difficulty: Easy • Servings: 1
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 frozen pears (small, one if medium or big, make sure you freeze them in junks, otherwise the blender won’t be able to crush them)
- Handful crushed ice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 50 ml milk or water
- Optional: whey protein powder (vanilla or cinnamon flavour)
- Toppings: Just what you want!
- But everything except of toppings in a blender and blend until you got ice cream consistence.
- Now fill it in a bowl and top with whatever you like.
- Enjoy and eat quickly before it’s going to melt away 😉
Ready for some lunch?!
Noodles with Avocado spread and Cinnamon-Tomatoes
Prep: 15 min • Cook: 15 min • Total: 30 min • Difficulty: Easy • Servings 2
- 150g noodles (any kind, I use rice noodles)
- 1 avocado
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ a tsp. cinnamon
- ½ a tsp. chili
- Mixed herbs
- Lime juice
- Cook your noodles.
- Meanwhile smash avocado, cut onion and garlic in small junks and mix half of it with mashed avocado.
- Add lime juice, ½ of the chili and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Now slice tomatoes in halves and put them in a pan with rest of onions and garlic.
- Roast until golden. In last couple minutes add cinnamon, salt, pepper, rest of chili and some herbs. Stir and let it stand for a couple minutes.
- Finally, but everything on a plate and experience the deliciousness of the cinnamon-tomato topping.
I hope you like both dishes as much as I do and I’d love to see some pictures of your meals.
Also, if you liked this format and want to share it with someone, feel free to do so.
Otherwise, check out some of the other recipe posts I wrote or if you’re interested, I have a lot of information and advice on self-development and traveling as well.
Here are some handpicked posts you might like:
7 things you need to do before traveling now in my Let’s Travel guide!
Master your Self-Doubts and become a higher self with the help of my Let’s be Happy guide!