Can you believe this, just one week until Christmas! I’m so excited. Christmas time is one of my most favourite times of the year. It’s all about enjoying the peace, resting and reflecting on what happened the past year. In addition, for most of us it is probably the time of the year where we spent the most time with our families. Also, it is about good food. Well in my option you should enjoy good food all year but especially Christmas we love to eat cookies. Because what would be a Christmas without Christmas cookies right?!
And although I’m all about enjoying this time of the year with all it brings (also rather unhealthy food), I thought I’ll share my most favourite healthy cookie recipe with you today.
So, you get at least one sort of cookies that are not loaded with sugar. And I promise they taste as amazing and you’ll love them.
Alright let’s get started.
Prep: 10 min • Bake: 20 min • Total: 30 min • Difficulty: Easy • Servings: Approx. 24
- 150g whole wheat flour
- 70g almond butter (in case of a nut allergy use coconut oil)
- 1 Egg (for vegans you could also use 1 mashed banana)
- ½ a package backing powder
- 1 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp. gingerbread flavouring
- 80g maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients first. Then add wet ingredients.
- Stir well until you get a quite dry and not sticky dough. You might add more flour.
- Form little balls and flatten them. I used a cookie stamper but you could also roll out the doughs and rotary cutter.
- Heat oven on 200°C and bake for 20 Minutes.
Hope you loved them and let me know if you want to see more stuff like that.
And always remember: Life is there to be enjoyed so treat yourself.
So, I’d love to see some pictures of your Christmas treats so I can get cravings :D.
Also, if you liked this recipe and want to share it with someone, feel free to do so.
Otherwise, check out some of the other recipe posts I wrote or if you’re interested, I have a lot of information and advice on self-development and traveling as well.
Here are some handpicked posts you might like: