Reading, writing, speaking. All three things have something in common. They are our way to connect with each other. And the connection between likeminded people is so important. It gives us the feeling of being understood, of closeness, of having someone to turn to in times of need. There is no better feeling then the one you get when you realize someone had or has the same struggle then you have. Finding someone who can relate and knows exactly how you feel in that moment is a true blessing. Today I want to give you someone like that by sharing my favourite travel quotes.
I love every single one of them because I found myself within them. I knew exactly how the person was feeling when saying or writing this because I felt the same way.
They inspired me, awoke my wanderlust and made me want to travel again right away. They reminded me of my love for traveling and exploring the world and filled my heart with love and happiness.
I want to give some of that love and happiness to you by sharing them. Maybe you will find one or two that you can relate to and are able to experience the beauty of connection through reading them. Enjoy!
1. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
2. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -Agustine of Hippo
3. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” -Bill Bryson
4. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” – Unknown
5. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” -Aldous Huxley
6. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Opra
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”― Mark Twain
8. “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.”
― Judith Thurman
9. “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.”
― Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon
10. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
11. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
12. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’” – Lisa. St. Aubin de Teran
13. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer
14. “I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby – I just don’t care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because it’s mine. Because it looks exactly like me.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
15. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks – on your body or on your heart – are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt.” – Anthony Bourdain
16. Home is wherever the heart takes us. And my heart takes me traveling! – Me, Tara
I hope you enjoyed this 16 quotes. I love to read travel quotes every once in a while to get that travel spirit up.
If you did find some nice once, feel free to share them with your friends. They might want to get fired up to travel as well.