Christmas is just around the corner and even though I hope you all are already prepared for tonight’s dinner, here is a last-minute inspiration for all those who are still looking for a perfect Christmas dinner.
It is this time of the year again! Everything is quite and peaceful and all people came together with their loved once to enjoy this very special days.
Who doesn’t love this time of the year. It makes winter more likable and pretty with all those lights out there. Christmas for me is all about family and food and since we are always having the same plain and simple dishes I thought this year it’s time to have something different.
I thought why not doing something extraordinary, something you wouldn’t usually have for Christmas but something that is easy, delicious and quick.
I decided to create a very special and oriental Christmas menu. You might be a little sceptical right now because it is not the common type of food you’d have for Christmas but I bet you’ll love it.
A Menu of cause consists of few different courses. Mine has three, an entrée, a main course and a dessert.
So, lets get started!
Our entrée is going to be some tapas. All dishes are 4 portions in total.
Eggplants in balsamic vinegar with goat cheese
Prep: 20 minutes • Rest: 20 minutes • Total: 40 minutes • Difficulty: Easy
1 clove of garlic
100g creamed goat cheese
- First cut eggplants in thin slices and drizzle with salt. Now let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Cut onion and garlic and put it in a pan with some oil.
- Quarter eggplants slices and add it into the pan. Now roast for about 10 minutes.
- Spice with salt and pepper and deglaze with balsamic vinegar.
- Set it a side and let it cool down.
- Add the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with honey and sesame seeds.
Well done. Entrée is ready! So now we can get all exited about the main dish.
Vegetable Garam Masala with mint rice
Prep: 20 minutes • Cook: 20 minutes • Total: 40 minutes • Difficulty: Medium
2 red peppers
1 rod of leek
1 can sliced or pureed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
20 grams of ginger
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. Garam Masala
250 grams rice
1 tsp. mint
Cashews for topping
- Slice all vegetables into small pieces.
- Puree onions, garlic and ginger and mix with tomatoes.
- Roast other vegetables until golden brown and then add tomato mixture. Boil rice as well until done.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes. Maybe add some water.
- Spice it up and cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Drain rice and add some mint.
- Last but not least top Garam Masala with some cashews and serve.
Now last but not least our dessert. And that for sure is my favourite part of the whole menu.
Prep: 10 minutes • Baking: 20 hour • Total: 30 minutes • Difficulty: Medium
50g amaranth pops
50g crushed almonds
5 Tb honey
- Peal and cook apples and berries until soft.
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- Put fruits in a backing form
- Mix oats, amaranth, almonds yogurt, honey and cinnamon. Maybe add some more yogurt if necessary.
- Stir well until you have a crumbly but smooth mass.
- Add on top of the fruits and put in oven for 20 minutes.
That’s it dinner is ready! Enjoy! I bet you’ll love it!
I hope you liked it and as you can see, nothing too special or hard to get in here. So, you should be sorted for tonight. Also, it is super healthy and therefore fits perfectly to those cookies and cakes you’re having these days.
If you enjoyed it feel free to share the post to give more people the opportunity to try this menu.
Lastly, I wish you all merry, merry Christmas and enjoy this time with your family and friends and very delicious food.
And if you still have some time and want more food Inspo, here are more posts of that kind: